Saturday, April 18, 2009

Music and memory

Alright I will admit it I an older Gen Xer almost 40. I have three kids and I still remember the song I heard when my girlfriend(now wife of 16 years) went to buy ice the first weekend we were dating. Her parents had a big party for Memorial Day weekend(one of many I would attend) and they were short ice. It was 1986 and we hopped into her sister's MG convertible and listened to Something about You by Level 42. Anything like Mr. Mister, Journey, Van Halen 5150. I hear that music and I am sent back to driving in our old 1975 Firebird (think Rockford Files same car). I just was not that cool. The car had only an AM radio. So I had to use my old GE boom box in the back seat for mood music. I remember playing Mr. Mister Welcome to the Real World on the way to one of out many movies we went to when we were dating. Amazingly she did not run away and I think I was a total loser. She married me and we have been together for 23 plus years.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Always nice to hear stories like that. It's been 13 years for me and my lovely wife.

    ReplyDelete